Just as you can treat diarrhea at home for yourself or your kids, you can do the same for your dog or cat. As a conscientious pet owner are you aware of how to treat cat diarrhea at home? Practice pet wellness by being prepared to instantly provide a healing treatment for cat diarrhea.
Keep in mind that diarrhea in any pet, if consistent, can be a sign his health is at risk. It also means your cat is losing vital nutrients as well as becoming dehydrated, which is a huge concern if you cannot get the diarrhea under control. Make sure you understand how to tell the difference in simple upset bowels caused by something but will pass with some help, or signs that your cat could have an underlying illness that needs to be addressed.
Several home treatments you can administer to your cat
1. A bland diet. You can give a baby food with meat. White chicken or fish, and plain white rice. Instead of one large meal a day, try giving 3 smaller meals a day.
2. Plain yogurt. Yogurt help return good bacteria to your cats stomach, which are lost through diarrhea. Do not give your cat milk when he has diarrhea.
3 To .fight dehydration make sure your cat has extra water and non-flavored Pedialyte, which helps control dehydration.
Do not give your cat any medicines to try and stop his bowels from moving, unless authorized by your vet. Often times what is causing the diarrhea needs to come out through the stool so trying to stop the natural flow of this will cause another problem for your cat.
Signs that require a vet visit.
1. Bloody stools.
2. Diarrhea that lasts longer than 3 days.
3. A kitten less than 12 weeks old needs to be taken to the vet as soon as he develops diarrhea.
4. Change or loss of appetite
When faced with cat diarrhea give a bland diet, pedialyte to protect against dehydration, and yogurt to return good bacteria to the stomach. Natural remedies for cats and dogs are extremely handy to have and will help give you and your pet peace of mind when facing uncomfortable symptoms and general illnesses, not to mention an unexpected emergency. Consider keeping natural remedies for dogs and cats at home in a handy place for when your beloved pet needs your help.